PLEASE NOTE – COMPLETE APPLICATION AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Members Benefits and useful information
The Malaga and Districts Business Association offers and gives access to a variety of different benefits and services to its members. By joining members can improve areas of their business such as networking, advertising opportunities, information gathering and social events.
Members can expect a number of benefits from the MDBA such as:
- Networking with other members
- Members Voice becomes louder as part of an Association with representation on Local & State Government issues
- Direct access to CoSBA (Combined Small Business Alliance of WA Inc.)
- Support for members business including informing and referring other businesses to each other
- Informative and entertaining networking events
- Constant updates on topics that could affect or influence members business decisions
- Membership involvement in giving advice and suggestions on how to improve the MDBA for all members
- Membership fees are Tax Deductible
The MDBA helps host numerous events throughout the year with members receiving a discounted price. The benefit from these events are:
Networking opportunities – Members get a chance to network with other members and special guests
- Promoting local business through location, catering, guest speakers and sponsorship
- Winning Business Awards that can be displayed at members businesses and have their success recognised in the community.
- A social night out
Events that we assist are:
- Breakfast Club – with a special guest speaker at each event.
- Annual Awards Night – Not only is this a great night out but it provides an opportunity for networking, advertising and recognition of achievement.
- Sundowners – Members of the Association have the opportunity to host a sundowner. This is an occasion for that member to open their doors and invite fellow members for nibbles and drinks in order to present the host business to them. These events are excellent for marketing a business as it brings interested members closer. The MDBA assists in marketing these event to all members of the Association.
- Presidents Luncheon – A chance for members to come together and talk about issues affecting businesses in and around Malaga.
- Business Women networking event – a great chance for the local business women to get together.
- “Quit Targa West Rally” VIP tent – members get a chance to see the rally from a great location whilst still being able to network and relax.
- Quiz / Auction Night – A fun night of networking and socialising
The MDBA website provides a quick and easy way to access a variety of information as well as advertise member businesses.
- A FREE listing of their business on the site
- Advertising space can be purchased by members
- Up-to-date information on important topics
- Members calendar for upcoming events
- Gallery of photographs from past events
The MDBA newsletter is distributed to over 2,000 businesses in Malaga every 3 months. It provides advantages such as:
- Articles on business advice, business planning, accounting, industrial relations issues, occupational health and safety, banking, workers compensation, marketing and more.
- Members Business Profile in the newsletter for free
- Special Member Advertising Rates in the newsletter
- Members able to put flyer inserts such as surveys, special deals etc.
A weekly eNewsletter is sent out to members with updates and news from the MDBA, members, City of Swan and the government. The eNewsletter is also great way to advertise Sundowners members may be having or other events going on around Malaga that may be of interest to MDBA members.
Hints and tips for MDBA members
- Book to attend events online and save time
- Ensure your contact details are always current
- Send a high quality logo of your business to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can insert your business details on our website
- The “MALAGA NEWS” is a publication that is produced every quarter – this magazine has over 2000 readers in the Malaga Area.
- Attend events and make yourself known to other members.
- Send special offers and deals to email@example.com and we will publish in our eNewsletter which is sent to nearly 3000 business every week.
- Become involved in the Association and it will help you spread the word about your business.
- Check out our website regularly malagab2b.com.au as it is constantly changing.
- Contact Clive Haddow on 0438545820 if you need help with anything